Packaged in cellophane and ribbon, these festive cookies make a great gift!
The cookies take about half an hour from scratch to baked and about ten minutes of decorating. This Christmas Eve it was time well spent! I used a wine glass and a Santa cookie cutter I received last Christmas, plus some royal icing, chocolate chips and leftover Snowman decorations.
You will need:
1 cup Butter (softened)
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
2tbsp Light Brown Sugar
2 cups Cream Flour
- Line two baking trays and preheat oven to 175 degrees Celcius.
- Mix all ingredients until sand-like in consistency.
- Keep beating until they form a dough (if you're not getting the desired result, add an egg to the mix!)
- Roll out on a floured worktop to 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut out desired shapes.
- Bake for 12-15mins, until slightly darker than raw colour.
- Allow to cool on baking tray.
- Once cooled, decorate using royal icing and any available extras.
Stay sweet and Happy Christmas! x