Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday Fave: Roald Dahl Day

Yesterday was international Roald Dahl day. As an avid reader of this genius' books, I felt he earned a mention here! Not only for his gift of creative writing, but also for his insatiable imagination, especially when it comes to food! 

Of all his books, Charlie and The Chocolate Factory seems to be the most well-known. The book, the movies, all have the same core idea: nothing is impossible. Obviously Willy Wonka applies this to his candy more than anything else, which begs the question- if you were to whip up your own concoction what would it be? 

So far, I have created a Half a Smore Sandwich- not for the faint of heart!
For this I spread Nutella on one slice of bread, topped this with marshmallow halves, covered with another slice of bread, and placed in the George Foreman grill for approx. 3-4mins. This gave me my recommended calorie intake for about a month!! I've only ever made this little piece of deliciousness twice, but the memories are sweet!

I wish I could combine marshmallows, chocolate, strawberries, condensed milk and jelly babies into a dessert Willy Wonka would be proud of! Some day maybe!

Until then, perhaps a Matilda chocolate cake
... Or if I'm too lazy, maybe I'll just watch the new version of Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, featuring Johnny Depp! 

However you celebrate this literary giant, enjoy your weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment