Storm Darwin prevented me posting delicious Valentine's Day recipes, so I'm doubly excited for St. Patrick's Day! Last year's After Eight Cupcakes were such a hit, I decided to incorporate the mints into another classic dessert- the brownie.
These brownies are no-mixer, one-bowl, easy peasy so you've no excuse not to make them! You could probably melt down the After Eights but I decided to just layer them in between the brownie batter and they melted during the baking process anyway!
The brownie recipe was featured here and is a Picky Palate original! This has become my go-to brownie recipe as I have yet to find a more delicious one, but feel free to use your favourite recipe instead!
You will need:
1/2 cup butter
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup cream flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup cocoa powder
1 cup chocolate chips
1 small box After Eight mints
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees Celcius.
- Line 9x9 baking tray with baking parchment.
- Partially melt butter in microwaveable mixing bowl (40 seconds on high).
- Mix oil and sugar into the melted butter.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mix until incorporated.
- Sieve in the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add chocolate chips and mix until the batter becomes thick.
- Pour two thirds of mixture into baking tray, and smooth out.
- Layer the After Eight Mints over the entire surface.
- Cover with the remaining batter, ensuring all of the mints are covered.
- Bake for 35-40 mins until baked through. To check this, lift the bottom of the brownies from the baking parchment, if they remove cleanly you're good to go! Be careful doing this, test only a corner so your brownies don't fall apart!
- Allow to cool before cutting.
Stay sweet! x